Descriptions of Positions
Inside Penalty Tracker
- Writes major penalties that skaters receive during the bout on penalty tracker sheet.
- Must pay attention to inside penalty referee who tells you what type of penalty and which skater receives a penalty.
- Writes each jam’s score on scorekeeping sheet.
- One scorekeeper must relay each jam’s score to the scoreboard operator.
- Must pay attention to jam referee to get score of each jam.
Penalty Box Timer
- Times skaters’ penalties when they sit in box.
Jam Clock Timer
- Blows whistle to signal the start and end of each jam.
- Uses computer program to time the period, jam, and 30 seconds between jams.
- Inputs each team’s jam score from the scorekeeper.
Inside Stat Board
- Indicates on large dry-erase board which skaters have penalties and what they are for.
- For each jam, writes players’ numbers and indicates if a player entered the penalty box in the middle of a jam or started a jam in the penalty box.
- Announces both teams at bout, provides commentary of action during bout, promotes merchandise and attending after bout party.
- Takes professional pictures at home bouts.
- Records video of home bouts.
- Provides medical assistance to hurt skaters during the bout.
- Patrols venue.
- Checks that all patrons entering have payed admission.
- Helps with clean up of venue.
Venue clean up
- Stays 30 minutes after bout to help team pack up merchandise, pick up track, empty coolers, take down banners, and load cars with items.
- This is to aid skaters get to the fan tables to sign merchandise and programs for the fans.